When you take the train from Cernay Saint André, you've got a break in Sentheim Station. Please find below some ideas and activites to spend your time :
- The locomotive: the break Sentheim can be an opportunity to go closer steam locomotive. The team will be happy to explain how it works (if you ask nicely, you may be able to even see the inside ...). In Sentheim, we also fill the coal locomotive. Do not go too fast, there is a lot of things to see!
- Lunch : picnic lunch or purchased locally, nothing like a little lunch break in the shade under a tree. You will find at the station three picnic sites, a score of seating on the terrace and a hundred seats in the old hall. Our partners offer pizzas and pies outbreaks during lunchtime every day regular train traffic. Train Thur Doller The association manages the sale of soft drinks, ice cream, cakes and souvenirs.
- Animations : There is some date with show and themes : Western, halloween, storie train, astronomy to discover the stars, Parisian atmosphere or Christmas. Many activities and events taking place on site. For the schedule of events, click here.
- Discoveries trains : Wednesdays from mid-July to mid-August, you can combine your train ride to visit a site Doller Valley. Reservation required at the Tourist Office of Masevaux. For more information, click here.
- Visit the station to Artists : Saturdays and Sundays, artists exhibit in the station Sentheim: oil paintings, watercolors, pottery or jewelry. To discover the program of exhibitors, click here.
- Walking : If you're feeling a gadabout, you can go for a walk. Several routes of footpaths for all levels depart from the station. Maps are available inside the old market in goods or by clicking this link.
- Roller-skating or biking *: Bike Lane of Doller along the railway Burnhaupt Sentheim. From Sentheim, the bike lane is extended up to the bottom of the Valley, the site of the old railway. So you can take your skates and bikes and enjoy the break to discover the villages in the Valley and can be found in the decoration of the railway remains (train transportation free of charge, but reservations are required for bikes).
- Visit the home of the geology Sentheim: Organize a visit to House of Geology offer three geo-walks in the unspoiled natural environment of the Doller valley. Information and bookings directly from the House of Geology: 03 69 77 12 41.
- Racket game * : the site of the station Sentheim spans 35 acres. There is enough room to allow you to play rackets (badminton racket or beach). However be careful not to play near the railway.
* We don't loacte materiel for bike, roller, racket or anything else. If you want to practice these activies, please take material with you in the train, thanks for your understanding.